No one was injured after a house fire left one Wausau family displaced.
According to the Wausau Fire Department, the fire started in a lower bedroom inside the basement at a home on Wildwood Lane. That's near 32nd Avenue on Wausau's west side.
Fire officials say the homeowners were burning material on a glass plate and thought they had put the fire out.
Authorities say the owners went upstairs, and the material caught fire. Fire fighters say a passerby saw flames coming from the home, and immediately called 911.
Authorities say everyone made it out of the home safely. However, a cat died in the fire.
"A couple of rooms, much of the lower level is heavily smoke damaged, there is some water damage and again the first floor would have some smoke damage," said Wausau Fire Department Battalion Chief, Paul Czarapata.
Officials say the house was badly damaged, and right now, has been deemed unlivable.