After shutting down school for a day because of a bomb threat found in a girls bathroom, the Auburndale School District says classes will resume Wednesday and all middle and high school students will be searched before entering their schools.
In a statement Tuesday, the school district said doors to the Middle/Senior High School will be locked until 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and students will have their backpacks and jackets searched as they enter the building.
According to Lt. Shawn Becker of the Wood County Sheriff's Department, a bomb threat scribbled on a girls bathroom stall door in the Middle/Senior High was discovered at 2:30 p.m. Monday, warning that a bomb would explode Tuesday.
The building was searched twice, he said.
"No suspicious items or devices were found anywhere in the school," Becker said Tuesday. "It appears to be a hoax at this time."
The school canceled classes on Tuesday as a precaution.
No arrests had been made Tuesday, Becker said.
The Auburndale School District will be closed Tuesday after a bomb threat.
According to District Administrator Gerald Eichman, school leaders learned of a bomb threat scribbled on the bathroom wall around 2:30 p.m. Monday. Eichman said the threat said there would be a bomb at noon Tuesday at the high school.
Eichman told Newsline 9 the Wood County Sheriff's Department is working with administration to do a sweep of the building. Nothing yet has been found.
The entire school district will be closed Tuesday as a precautionary measure, Eichman said.
This is the second threat in Auburndale in just a few months. At the end of February sheriff's officers investigated a threat involving a student bringing a gun to school. However, that threat was proven to be unfounded, sheriff's officials said. Parents had the option of sending their children to school the next day.