By Dan Griffin, Multimedia Journalist - bio | email
WAUPACA (WAOW) -
Storms caused pilots in Waupaca to postpone their formation flight to "Airventure" until Saturday.
More than 50 pilots and air enthusiasts gathered at the Waupaca Municipal Airport for the flight.
It was scheduled to leave around noon, but severe storms and heavy rain moved in.
The storms caused the group to miss its scheduled arrival time and pilots agreed waiting was the best option.
"You get everything at Oshkosh, unfortunately, the worst thing you can get is rain like this, we've got limits that we can fly in and thunderstorms and rain is not one of them," said Terry Hocking, Organizer.
Organizers said this isn't the first year they've had problems with the weather.